Monday, June 20, 2011

i will remember today.

Today was a day that I will remember. There was nothing of significance to note; just a regular run-of-the-mill day:

The baby woke me up at 4am & I wasn't able to fall back to sleep {although she slumbered nicely for another 4 hours}.
I did 2 loads of laundry but didn't fold them. {Typical.}
I wouldn't let the kids have toaster waffles, a breakfast they are absolutely obsessed with at the moment, because they had already disobeyed and broke 2 rules by 7am. (Those rules would be no tv in the morning, and the boys' room was STILL a disaster when it should have been cleaned last night.)
I thought it would be a great idea to ride our bikes to the park and have an impromptu soccer practice with #1 & #2 after lunch. {#1 threw a minor tantrum about doing such a thing before we left, & #2 threw a tantrum during a juggling drill because it was too hard. }
OtterPops when we got home. No sad faces here!
#2 & I had a mini piano lesson and focused on softly holding a bubble to curve his fingers right.
#3 destroyed his closet that had been cleaned this morning looking for his Baby Jaguar costume. {It was in my room under a pile of clean clothes.}
#1 & #3 played with the next door neighbor girl {she always makes me laugh!} while #2 watched a Spiderman cartoon and I tried to take a nap on the couch {insert "yeah-right" laughter here}. #4 was sleeping.
#2 had baseball practice. #1, #3, #4 & I sat in the car reviewing addition, subtraction, and ABC's. I fed #4 her chicken noodle dinner & mixed garden veggies.
I took the kids to the new ice cream shop {Simply Ice Cream} for dinner. We cream. The kids were beside themselves with excitement, which quickly turned into sheer confusion. There was legitimate worry from #1 (who is 8) concerning the ratio of healthy foods to ice cream in her stomach. With a puzzling look on my face, I assured her she could have a healthy sandwich, some chicken and some veggies when we got home. She was very satisfied with that answer and continued to gobble down her 2 scoops in a waffle cone.
Meanwhile, #3 was still in his Baby Jaguar costume.
We ran home & did showers & baths for #1-4.
Time for a bottle at#4's request {and routine}.

A regular run-of-the-mill day, but heaven knows I'll forget these regular days and the sights and sounds that come too.

No comments:

Post a Comment